La Bella Strings is taking a new approach to flat wound bass strings; the result is the LIGHT TENSION FLEXIBLE FLATS series. Using the same techniques that have made the Deep Talkin’ Bass Stainless Steel Flat Wounds the best-selling flat wound set on the market, La Bella has adjusted the construction to create a lighter and more flexible alternative to our classic heavier flats.
The Light Tension Flexible Flats deliver the same classic sound but without the floppy-string effect associated with other light tension flat wound strings. These hand-wound and hand-polished strings are equipped with round cores for flexibility, and narrower ribbon wire to achieve that unrivaled smooth feeling uniquely characteristic to La Bella Strings.
- Stainless Steel Flat Wound
- Round cores for greater flexibility and narrower ribbon for an unrivaled smooth feeling
- Light Tension
- Total Tension in Lbs: 163.20 (1st 36.2, 2nd 34, 3rd 30.5, 4th 34.2, 5th 28.3)
- String Gauges: .042, .056, .075, .100, .118
- Standard Long Scale Set
- Made in the USA with American Wire
All standard bass sets are LONG scale length. The 1st (G), 2nd (D) & 3rd (A) strings are 38” from ball-end to silk/taper. The 4th (E) & 5th (B) string are 36 ¾” from ball-end to silk/taper. Only the silk portion of the string should wrap around the tuning post or else the string will break.